What is a Resume Template
In today’s world of cut-throat competition, an effective resume can be one’s key to success. When hundreds queue in for the same job, it is the one minute glance at the resume that sets one application from another. A resume is basically a candidature summary of an applicant that best advertises their competence for the concerned post. Hence it is crucial that a resume is drafted expertly in the correct fashion. Since a job seeker generally sends applications to various organizations at the same time, it is advisable to create a resume template beforehand that would outline the basic features of a professional resume and may then be customized as per the job requirements.
Based on the job descriptions, a resume template can be of various types like fresher resume template, student resume template, sales resume template, nursing resume template, and so on and so forth. Although the objective of the resume and the arrangement of skills may vary in accordance with the job profiles, the basic official format of a resume template is retained in all. The following steps may guide one in documenting a perfect resume template:
- Step 1: Make lineation for entering the name, contact details and other personal information of the candidate.
- Step 2: An effective career objective must be prepared in line with the job profile of the post applied for.
- Step 3: Make provision for a tabular representation of one’s educational qualifications.
- Step 4: Prepare space for mentioning the work experiences that may be relevant for the concerned post.
- Step 5: Make lineation for giving detailed description of one’s technical skills, accomplishments, hobbies and other qualities that may give one an edge over the others.
- Step 6: Provision must be made for mentioning one’s references and stating why he is the best candidate for the job.
Category: Sample Templates