What is a Training Needs Analysis Template
A Training Needs Analysis (TNA) is an assessment of learning and improvement needs for the employees, volunteers and the administrators within an organization. The requirements of people pertaining to behavior and skills and the ways of developing them effectively, are considered.
Manifestation of training needs takes place, when there are any discrepancies or a probable future discrepancy, in the performance of actual job and the desired performance.
Training needs analysis is mostly undertaken at three levels:
- Organizational level
- Department/ Team level
- Individual level
These levels are related with each other and it is ideal to use this structure of analysis, as this process takes into account, both the overall needs and specific individual needs; thus providing a balanced analysis.
Training needs analysis template is tailored according to the requirements of the organization. Managers of the company are required to take training needs analysis on the people, when a training is started.
The basic process of TNA includes:
- Identifying the core skills required by the organization or a specific department.
- Mapping each person against those requirements, to know how well they are currently performing.
- Prioritizing the needs.
- Coming up with a possible training solution, such as coaching, open course or in-house training.
- Planning the training process.
- Delivering the training.
- Providing support for the employees to learn and improve the necessary skills.
- Conducting another training needs analysis, to check whether the needs have been met.
Some methods which can be applied for the purpose of identifying the learning needs are:
- Reviewing the existing strategies being used and planning to identify the skills which are needed to be delivered.
- Assessing with the help of questionnaires, either online or in written.
- Conducting one-on-one interviews.
- Conducting group discussions.
The outcome of training needs analysis must be a strong learning and improvement plan, based on thorough evaluation and associated to organizational, departmental and individual aspirations.
Category: Sample Templates